Sunday, October 18, 2009

Don't Ask, Don't Tell--WTF!?!

Ok, I may be a lesbian, but I have to say that I am really ASHAMED of and EMBARRASSED by the 'gay & lesbian' community right now, as well as with our President.





Now, personally, I have no problem with gays and lesbians serving in the military. HOWEVER, right now, this is NOT the major issue that should be addressed. Right now, our U.S. military soldieers are being picked off left and right, and there is a HUGE need for a massive troop surge in Afghanistan. THAT is what is important RIGHT NOW.

Our President is dragging his feet on the issue of sending more troops to Afghanistan just so he can secure the gay and lesbian community's future support to get re-elected for a second term at the White House.

Our military leaders have been begging our President to send more troops--he won't even TALK about this issue! Instead, he is more concerned about keeping the gay and lesbian community 'happy and in his pocket'.

Our military commanders are requesting moore troops--40,000--to be sent to Afghanistan, but the President is more worried about gays and lesbians serving 'openly' in the military.

Like I said, I have no problem with gays and lesbians in the military. But THIS should not be the President's 1st priority right now. Right now, our first priority should be sending more troops (more than 40,000 especially) to Afghanistan and we WIN this thing. If the gays and lesbians want to serve in the military and defend our country--THAT IS FINE--but don't make this our military's FIRST PRIORITY.

This is just my personal opinion and feelings on this.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I agree with your sentiments. Our President is showing weakness, and that he sucks at being commander-in-chief. He needs to start listening to his commanders in the field, who have experience on these matters, unlike him. He's royally screwing our troops and I believe endangering their lives by dilly-dallying around.

I personally have no problem with gays serving in the military but in some ways I think don't ask don't tell is a good idea. But, I also think that if somehow a soldier's sexual orientation is revealed as being gay, that they should be allowed to stay and serve in the military. I'm not up on those rules of late, so I might be wrong about gays who are openly practicing in military being kicked out.

Light Up Your Life said...

I am actually trying to research that point right now, because I heard (and I won't reveal the source because I don't know how accurate the info is) that there have been some gays and lesbians discharged from the military because they were either serving openly already, or it was found out that they are homosexual. As I said, I do not know how factual that information is, so I am therefore researching that as we speak.

I agree. The "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" rule is a good idea, and it is actually embarrassing to me (as a lesbian) that the gay and lesbian community is using this ffor their own personal agenda, and Barak Obama is playing right into their hands.

What I think is going to happen (and this was discussed on the Ben Ferguson Show tonight) is that there will be an up-surge in gays and lesbians joining up if he ends this rule, and when something bad happens to them [gays/lesbians] they will use that as a platform to cause an even bigger stink and yell 'discrimination' and then where will we be?

My guess is we will be right back where we started.

Thank you for the comment.

Ben Ferguson Show

Ronald Reagan Speech--A very good lesson for Obama to learn!

Ronald Reagan Speech--A very good lesson for Obama to learn!
Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

MMM MMM MMM

The Conservative Underground Member Blogs Headline Animator

in the news today