Sunday, October 18, 2009

Louisiana Justice of the Peace Refuses to Marry Inter-Racial Couple

Ok. I just don't see what the problem is here. Here we have two people who love each other and want to get married. HOWEVER, the justice of the peace has now 'disturbed the peace' with his racial bigotry and refused to marry them.





The justice of the peace maintains that he is not a 'racist' and that he is not a 'bigot'. Ok, well, what the hell do you call it?!? An African-American male and a Caucasion female want to get married...and you tell them no BECAUSE they are an 'inter-racial' couple.

HELLO!!! That spells 'racist' and 'bigot' to me.

And let's not forget that comment about how 'the children of inter-racial couples suffer'...oh for the love of GOD! ALL children suffer ridicule and criticism at some point in their lives for one thing or another. An example: ME.

I was ridiculed as a child for having 'foster parents'. I was also ridiculed for having to wear 'glasses' and I was called 'four-eyes' so many times that I thought that was my name. Hell, I was even made fun of because of my MIDDLE name. And guess what???

I AM NOT A CHILD OF MIXED PARENTS!!! So, "THAT" is not even a credible reason to deny this couple a marriage license. Try again, please.

Also, he [Justice of Peace] tried to say that 'inter-racial marriages do not last long'. Guess what??? There are PLENTY of same race marriages that end in divorce, as well. So, "THAT" too is not a credible arguement, Mr. Justice of the Peace.

See, (and, as always, this is just MY personal opinion), this is just another reason why our country is in such a f***** up mess right now. There is way too much 'racial this'and 'racial that' instead of trying to look at people as just 'people'....

I am just so FED UP with all of this, that I don't even know how to end this post.

4 comments:

Les Carpenter said...

Your post just about sums it up. Right on. The JP is, well, for the lack of better words a racist, ignorant a**.

Light Up Your Life said...

Yeah, and here's the thing, he kept on saying he was not a racist, that he was not a bigot, and I was just so shocked that I could not believe that someone who had just made these kinds of statements could be so ignorant as to not understand why people dislike him right now, and are demanding his resignation.

I actually watched him on the 9:00 pm news last night (which is what promted me to write this post) and his entire explaination and comments were (in my opinion) just pathetic.

Thank you for your comment, and for adding my blog to your list. I added yours as well.

Have a great week.

The Conservative Lady said...

Inter-racial couples are nothing new and his refusal to marry them does have a racial bent to it no matter how much he protests that fact.
You ended your post perfectly...FED UP and at a loss for words.

Light Up Your Life said...

Yeah, I know. Thank you.

I am going to work now, be back later this evening.

Have a great day everyone.

Ben Ferguson Show

Ronald Reagan Speech--A very good lesson for Obama to learn!

Ronald Reagan Speech--A very good lesson for Obama to learn!
Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

MMM MMM MMM

The Conservative Underground Member Blogs Headline Animator

in the news today