Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Soul of Your Freedom Flies Forever

Yesterday, I was at the North End Terminal waiting for my bus to get to work, and I saw a lot of Marines down there handing out cups and bumper stickers to promote their 'Toys for Tots' drive.

I called to one of the Marines and beckoned him to me. Without asking him, I reached over and gave him a big hug, and said "Thank you, for all that you do for our Country'. When I looked at him, a tear began to fall from his face, and he thanked me, for thanking him. Pretty soon, others who saw this exchange between me and the Marine, followed suit...they all came over and began to hug him and thank him, with tears in their eyes. Which only goes to show me, that one person CAN make a difference.

If there is only one type of human being on Earth who is the MOST unselfish, it is the many men and women in our military who are brave enough, and loving enough of our country to sacrifice their lives for ours and for our freedoms.

Our brave men and women in uniform do not have to fight for us, or our country, or our freedoms, but it is because they love our country and value freedom that they are willing to risk their lives for us that matters.

Not many people have respect or admiration for our troops. But those that do will always have a special place in my heart. As does our military. It hurts my heart and angers me to no end when someone shows a lack of respect for our troops. It is because of them...the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines, that we are able to retain our freedoms that are granted to us in our U.S. Constitution.

So, please, the next time you encounter a military soldier, walk up to him or her, and shake their hand, or give them a hug, and just say 'Thank you, for your unselfish act of sacrifice for me, and my country'.

Remember, one person Can make a difference, and by doing this one small gesture, the soul of your freedom will fly forever.

God Bless America, and God Bless Our Troops.

6 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

For all they do and all the sacrifices they make, they deserve ALL of the help and respect we can give them.

Timeshare Jake said...

Way to go! It's not often you get that kind of emotion from a Marine.

Ron Russell said...

Not enough people do what you did and that too bad. Thanks for that hug. We would have no freedoms if it were not for our brave men in uniform and the liberal mind cannot understand this and never will. They see the military as a threat to peace and not the protector of it. They foolishly see the world thru "rose colored glasses".

Karen K said...

Beautiful, Nancy. I've always found that whenever I thank a serviceman or servicewoman, they are touched and grateful.

Fredd said...

My wife flies a great deal in her job. With that much air time, she on occasion gets upgraded to first class from time to time. Last flight she took from O'Hare to Minneapolis a few weeks ago, she noticed an Army soldier boarding, and she first thanked him for his service, and then offered to exchange her first class seat with him. He was so taken aback he did not know what to say at first.

After a moment, the soldier was pretty stoked to realize what was being offered to him, and he really appreciated the gesture, and the cabin crew all took turns during the flight to take a walk back to coach and thank my wife for doing this.

Maybe this kind of thing will catch on.

Teresa said...

What a wonderful gesture of appreciation!!! I hope it catches on all over our nation. Our troops are heroes and unselfishly serve our country, and deserve to be honored and thanked for all their sacrifices.

Ben Ferguson Show

Ronald Reagan Speech--A very good lesson for Obama to learn!

Ronald Reagan Speech--A very good lesson for Obama to learn!
Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

MMM MMM MMM

The Conservative Underground Member Blogs Headline Animator

in the news today