Friday, October 9, 2009

My First Term Paper Blog

When the Democratic Party takes over in power what happens?

  • taxes go up
  • unemployment goes up
  • government takes over

When these things happen, you get the following:

  • welfare state
  • food stamps
  • chaos

Does unemployment, welfare, and food stamps really benefit our society? Why or why not? On one hand,(some would say) it may benefit our society, but really I believe that it only makes people too lazy to get back on their feet and get a real job. This is what I would call 'abusing the system'.

What I mean by 'abusing the system' is that there are people who, once they get on welfare and food stamps after losing a job, they get to the point where they get too comfortable and then they just stay on welfare and begin to depend and rely on the government to support them instead of trying to find a job.

Here in Memphis, there are people out there right now on the streets who are 'able-bodied' --that is 'able to work'--however, they walk up and down Union Avenue, Summer Avenue, Poplar Avenue, and in Mid-town/downtown with their hands out saying 'gimme gimme gimme' like it is OUR job to support them just because we have jobs.

Here is a prime example--6 months ago, I was waiting at the bus stop on Summer Avenue in front of the Family Dollar at Summer and Highland. I had just gotten off work (I work at Pizza Hut) and this man walks up to me and he says, 'hey--you work at Pizza Hut, right?' I thought he was going to ask if they were hiring , so I said yes (after all, I was still in uniform). So, he then sticks his hand out and says, 'well, give me $5.00' THE NERVE!!! I just laughed at him and told him to get a job and he would have all the $5 he needed. He walked away and called me a racist.

I find it extremely laughable that I would be called a racist by a white man (since I too am white). How dumb was that? I do not believe in giving people like him money that I have worked hard for. After all, I have a job so I can pay my bills, not so the bums can buy cigarettes and booze. I have to buy my own booze and I don't smoke.

Now liberals would say that I am just down right cruel and mean and cold hearted because I won't 'help my fellow man'. Uhhh, sorry, but MY fellow man is a person who HAS A J-O-B'...and not someone who expects me to support their smoking, drinking, and drug habits.

Now, as for being a racist, well, it would be kind of hypocritical of me to be a racist because:

#1--I am a LESBIAN

#2--I am a WICCAN

#3--My lesbian girlfriend just happens to be BLACK.

Hmmmmm...and we are both CONSERVATIVES. Yes that's right. We both listen to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Ben Ferguson, Micheal Savage, and Andrew Clark Sr, on am 600 wrec. Now, some of you (or all of you) may be asking yourselves, 'how can a lesbian and a Wiccan be conservative?' My answer is simple--"WHY NOT"?

Now, I did not start this blog to come on here and act like I know everything, and try to push my lifestyle or religion on anyone. I started this blog so I could learn more about what I believe 'politically'.

So, as a conservative, what do I believe in? Ok, let me try (as best I can) to tell you:

#1--I have a strong belief in the Death Penalty

#2--I have a strong belief in 'pro-life' (in other words, I am AGAINST abortion)

#3--I have a very strong belief in our military and what they are fighting for

#4--I do not believe in racism or predjudice of ANY kind

#5--I hold our Nation's Constitution Bill of Rights as sacred

#6--I do not believe in higher taxes

#7--I believe in limited government (in other words I do NOT approve of the government trying to tell us how to live our lives)

So, now, I leave it up to you to help educate me more on the conservative views and ideas.

Thank you.

4 comments:

The Conservative Lady said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. WARNING: You will lose a lot of sleep.
We need more people to spread the truth, so keep up the good work.
As far as being a conservative...well, apparently you have a brain in your head and can think for yourself. That's the only requirement. As Rush says, conservatism isn't about color, race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, etc. It is for EVERYONE.
The only people I ever see making a big thing about racism, etc., are the Dems. They've built their whole party on race baiting and trying to keep people dependent on the government. They've managed to destroy the black community while building their voter roles.
Anyway, good luck with the blog and I am happy to be your first follower.

Light Up Your Life said...

Again, thanks for your support. As for losing a lot of sleep, I do that anyway, as I work 2 jobs (unlike the libdems who would rather let the government support them) so I lose sleep due to work.

I have been a Conservative Republican all my life. My family always votes ConRep, and so do I. I just hope that we will get our power back in 2012. That is the only 'hope and change' I want to see.

Teresa said...

I love your 7 conservative beliefs. Welcome to the blogosphere. That is utterly ridiculous how the guy called you a racist. That doesn't even make any sense. I get fed up with people who want to get something for doing nothing. For me, working gives me a sense of pride, and self-worth. Big government has this way of sucking people into the system and keeping them reliant on the government for money. And, being reliant on the government doesn't teach a person about responsibility.

Light Up Your Life said...

Thank you Teresa for visiting my blog and commenting. It is always a pleasure to meet like-minded conservatives. Thank you for your support.

Yeah, it is disgusting how people would rather lie around on their fat lazy @$$es and do nothing except wait for the government to raise them. Thank God I had Reagan-Conservative parents who raised me.

That's why I work 2 jobs--because I am not a lazy demlib bum.

Have a great weekend.

Ben Ferguson Show

Ronald Reagan Speech--A very good lesson for Obama to learn!

Ronald Reagan Speech--A very good lesson for Obama to learn!
Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

MMM MMM MMM

The Conservative Underground Member Blogs Headline Animator

in the news today